Like every season, this one also has seen a lot of individuals and teams put in exceptional performances. As we bid farewell to another memorable season, here are some of the key statistics and highlights from the UEFA Champions League 2022-23 campaign-
– With Barcelona in 2009 and Manchester City in 2023, Pep Guardiola became the first manager in the history of European football to win the Treble twice.
– Manchester City won eight out of their 13 games this season to remain undefeated in the competition. They are the seventh team to win the trophy during the Champions League era without losing a match.
– Robert Lewandowski became the first player in the tournament to score a hat-trick for three separate clubs (one for Dortmund, four for Bayern, and one for Barcelona).
– In a 7-1 victory over Rangers in Glasgow, Mohamed Salah recorded the quickest hat-trick in Champions League history by scoring three goals in less than seven minutes.
– Manchester City’s star attacker Erling Haaland was the top scorer of the tournament with 12 goals in nine games.
– Real Madrid winger Vinicius Jr. and Inter Milan fullback Federico Dimarco provided the joint most assists (5) in the tournament.
– The largest winning margin in the campaign came in the game of Manchester City vs RB Leipzig after the UCL winners beat the German side 7-0 at the Etihad Stadium.